Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shout Outs and Bulletin Board Material

Normally, I like to hide in the dark recesses of the comments section of this blog, but tonight I was feeling frisky. I spent 3 hours reading and watching PCTI material which naturally got me thinking about the upcoming weekend and, in turn, motivated me to spend almost another 5 hours crafting a blog post. About what? I had no idea when I started.

Random Thoughts

  • I am uber (didn't feel like searching for the diaeresis hotkey) confident in our team. Everyone put a note in your iPhones that I'm going on record by saying "Team Whatever The Fuck Our Name Is" will win the series in convincing fashion, 4-1. Think I'm crazy? I had the same confidence about my team last year and we all witnessed the result. Why do I think this? I will get into this later.

  • Although QP is a way of life, PCTI is my brotherhood. I really look forward to seeing everyone in April. Definitely way more than seeing any of my other friends or family any time during the year. Wes, however, may not believe that statement since I completely flaked out on him when he was in Denver a few weeks ago. My bad Wes. I hope you had a wonderful visit.

  • I love the creativity of our blog and vid/podcast contributors. Mad props to Brown Hero for what has certainly been one of the top posts of the year. The "What's In A Name" series has enlightened everyone (who actually reads the blog) with a clever blend of intelligence, imagination, and originality. I think we are all aware that it will take our collective ingenuity to maintain the blog in the future as most topics will quickly be exhausted, but I'm confident that we have the brains to do it.  #egostroked


Blog Teaser
Here is a sentence where I tease a groundbreaking blog post that I just thought up: PCTI Personas - On and Off Court (working title). After writing it, I may even be able to say I've been published. 55K for that Psychology degree is starting to pay off. Odds that I actually follow up and write it... slim.

Are We In For Another Trouncing?
Here's a bunch of bulletin fodder for your vision board. I don't think that it's so far fetched when I say that this year could result in another near sweep. Lemme back back back it up with some no holds barred, amazingly substantive arguments. Gentlemen, it's time to stop living in a fantasy world and start talking reality.


- JOE -
overrated ballplayer, underrated thespian 

Did he have a good year last year? Sure. Was it overblown? Definitely. Will he have a repeat performance? Nope. Why not? Take your pick...


aloof
arrogant
belligerent
big-headed
bitchy
boastful
bone-idle
boring
bossy
callous
cantankerous
careless
changeable
clinging
compulsive
cowardly
cruel
cunning
cynical
deceitful
detached
dishonest
dogmatic
domineering
finicky
foolish
foolhardy
fussy
greedy
grumpy
gullible
harsh 
impatient
impolite
impulsive
inconsiderate
inconsistent
indecisive
indiscreet
inflexible
interfering
intolerant
introverted
irresponsible
jealous
lazy
machiavellian
materialistic
mean
miserly
moody
narrow-minded
nasty
naughty
nervous
obsessive
obstinate
overcritical
overemotional
parsimonious
patronizing
perverse
pessimistic
pompous
possessive
pusillanimous*
quarrelsome
quick-tempered
resentful
rude
ruthless
sarcastic
secretive
selfish
self-centred
self-indulgent
silly
sneaky
stingy
stubborn
superficial
tactless
timid
touchy
thoughtless
truculent
unkind
unpredictable
unreliable
untidy
untrustworthy
vague
vain
vengeful
vulgar
weak-willed


* My favorite word of the bunch, and I had no clue what it meant... that is, until I stumbled upon this gem:



(Editor's Note: I just copied and pasted this list of negative personality traits from the internet and assumed that most applied to Joe)



- IAN -
heady with eternal chip on shoulder that results in more heady-ness

See: Snowball Effect. Of course, everyone in PCTI is capable of more than they will actually contribute. Ian defines that statement. At the end of the day, under all those muscles, is just the cutest, cuddliest, little teddy bear of a boy. My advice to Ian... don't put so much pressure on yourself to perform well this year. You won't.


- JEFF -
old man getting older

Jeff miraculously defied the aging process last year by putting up some pretty gaudy stats... and oh, winning ZERO games. It's just too bad father time will get the best of him this year. My advice to Jeff... avoid your pocket watches, hourglasses, and sun dials as they will only serve as a painful reminder of what is so quickly slipping away.

- PATRICK, QP -
book smarts vs. da streets


We all know how cut-throat it is on the PCTI court. With nicknames like "Bad Boy" and "Fruit Stand" floating around, it must be intimidating for the nerds in the audience to feel like they belong. Unfortunately, Patrick's unassuming lifestyle of sitting in libraries will negate the progress he made last year. Plus, the whole world now knows your only strength, Mr. Back Cut.

- BENJAMIN -
and let the fat lady sing...

After quite literally standing around to watch his team crumble last year, is this caucasian Khalid El-Amin poised for a comeback performance? I think not. Atlanta is no place for a basketball playing grizzly bear to cultivate his game. Unless of course it's his rap game. But it's not. I suppose it is only fitting that this music maestro will be played out with a swan song.

- SCOTT -
a self defeating attitude lends itself to failure


Confidence? None to be found here. After reading what I thought to be one of the best posts in blog history, I later realized that it was riddled with insecurity. I prey on girls with insecurities. Just look at my match.com profile. My advice to Scott... don't be such an easy target baby cakes ;-)

- WES -
nothing to be said


Oh wait, I forgot I did have something to say. Remember last year when Wes "achieved" the only negative number in that weird statistical category that Jeff made up? That was funny.

- BRENT -
the camera doesn't always add ten pounds

One day we are all going to look back and wonder why we didn't address the psychological problems that drove BC to his eating disorder(s). I know vanity is rampant in our society but Bambi, you have friends and we are here to help. It's just impossibly hard to play well when you're mentally cowering in a hidden closet filled with emotional pain.

P.S. I put you at the end so you would have to scroll all the way down to get to your name.


A few points to end on:

- the truth hurts -
- italics are classy -
 - i all of you -








6 comments:

  1. GREAT WORK, Joe really is clingy isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post adds to the mystery of Abe. Just when you think you know what he's about he fools you. Good call on Joe being dogmatic, I've never had the courage to call him out but have seen it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible. I have never loved a post so much that had absolutely zero validity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take you using my full name as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOBODY CALLS ME TRUCULENT AND GETS AWAY WITH IT. I'll be in Denver next week to settle the score. This is for real. I'm flying to Denver to go skiing in Vail. And to collect my blood money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might call Cap machiavellian and you might even call him parsimonious, but when you called him "cantankerous", you went too far. And thanks for making yourself the over-dog in IV. I'll remember that while we're cantankerously kicking your team's ass.

    ReplyDelete