Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Top 5 Things about PCTI IIII in Scottsdale


This past PCTI may have been my favorite overall. I feel like there was a perfect blend of good weather, good times, and good basketball. With this in mind, and the fact that I'm bred as shit at work right now, I decided to write up a quick Top Five about why I enjoyed this PCTI so much in good ol' Scottsdale, AZ.

 

Number Five: Pool Time

 

This year, we all had the pleasure of staying in a pretty pricey nice hotel. The best part about it was the pool area and the time spent there. There was a decent size pool with nice cool water along with a nice spa we could soak our old bones in after the games. We'd take that bitch over and no one out there really minded which made for a great atmosphere. The weather was damn near perfect, except for that one cloud that would never leave the sky, which made it very easy and highly enjoyable to sit out there for hours boozing and hanging out. The pool area even provided us a great spot for what is hopefully a new yearly contest, trivia night. It was just overall a great set up in my opinion and provided some of my favorite times of the trip.



 

Number Four: Golf Carts

 

What a badass idea. I didn’t fully grasp the awesomeness of this service when it was first explained to me but when I hoped on first my first ride, it all became clear. These people would take you anywhere you wanted to go all for a tip! And after 7 games of hard fought basketball, I might not have made it out the last night without them. The only thing cooler would have been if they cruised around in golf carts like the one Bubba Watson rolls in.



Number Three: Women

From the moment I first walked into the Morning Squeeze one thing became abundantly clear; Scottsdale has some fine ass women. I consider myself spoiled when it comes to being around smoking hot hunnies having grown up in Williamson County and especially Brentwood which is saturated with them. But Scottsdale is on a whole other level. Seriously. I’ve never see so many good looking waitresses in a 1mile radius. I swear there must be a certain standard of hotness that has to be met to even be considered for a waitress job there. And to top it all off, they all wear spandex to serve you in. SPANDEX! That’s an even better idea than the golf carts. Hell the idea must of started a trend because I swear that’s all the girls wore out at the bars too. So hears to the HOT women of Scottsdale and their spandex landing in at number 3.



Number Two: Competition

I feel like this past year’s basketball was some of the most intense, competitive we have had. I can barely think of anyone showboating or talking to the camera or even celebrating for that matter, because everyone knew they had to keep grinding it out because the other team wanted it just as bad as you did. We went from a blowout victory for the bad guys, to a tough fought rebound win for the good guys…Twice. Then the good guys pull out a victory in game 5 which puts the bad guys in a win or go home situation for two games in a row. After a win in the first win or go home game for the bad guys, both teams drug their asses out for a final, exhausting, EXHAUSTING, game 7 which the bad guys ultimately won. I’m tired as hell just thinking about it. Yeah I fucking hate losing, but that was some badass ball and great competition, and being a part of that was good enough for me….and if you believe that last part you don’t really know me that well. Fuck the bad guys.

Also, PCTI brought some new competition to the board. TRIVIA NIGHT. I honestly thought it was going to be kind of lame (sorry Hops) but I actually really enjoyed it. Anything new that separates us into smaller groups and pits us against each other is great because no one wants to lose. What was even greater about this competition is there was beer drinking involved, which always bumps it up a notch in my book.



Number One: Morning Squeeze

There’s no denying it, I love to eat. But I’m also very lazy. So to have a place that was soo close and soo delicious was the most clutch thing about this trip for me. What did Morning Squeeze NOT have?? Convenient location? Check. HUGE variety? Check. Amazing Smoothies? Check. Smoking Hot Waitresses? Check. Seriously, the only thing that would have made that place better was if I got a happy ending after each meal. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was soothing. A perfect combination for me and for that, it lands at my numero uno spot.


2 comments: